Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New to Act! - general development questions

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

New to Act! - general development questions

I am using Act! 2011 Premium.  I have the 2011 SDK and Microsoft Visual Studio express C# varsion 2010

Itried compiling and then deploying both the ContactNameControl and CustomMenuPlugin with no success.  I was successfull compiling both samples, but when I placed them in the tools or plugin folders they never showed up in Act.

Any suggestions?

The Act! libraries were not in the GAC, I found them in C:\ACT_Premium_2011\ACTWG\GlobalAssemblyCache folder and referenced them there.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrainsdon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: New to Act! - general development questions

The resolution of the problen was that Microsoft Visual Studion 2010 Express by default starts project using the .net Framework 4.0.  When I changed the framewirk to .net Feamework 3.5 the plugin and tool worked as designed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

For the plug-in, check to see if it's being added to DependentDLLs.xml in %appdata%/Act/ActData, if it is it means for some reason it failed to load, you can delete the line containing your plug-in and it will attempt to load it on next start up.

For the control, is it not availabe in the controls check list when we right click on the left hand tool bar in the designer?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Matthew;

Thanks for your reply.

The plugin does put an etry in the DependentDLLs.xml file.  What is the purpos of the DependantDLLs.xml file.  Do I understand you correctly, if it is in the file, then there was a load issue?  (how do I debug it?)

In that case, there are a lot of entries in this file:

<FILES><ASSEMBLY>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\Act.Interop.SHDocVw.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\Act.UI.InternetExplorer.Plugins.AttachFile.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\Interop.CDO.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\Interop.LinkDataWrapperLib.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\Interop.SHDocVw.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv14.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\LinkDataWrapper.dll]]>
<![CDATA[C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\CustomMenuPlugin.dll]]>
</ASSEMBLY></FILES>

Should all of these plugins be failing as well?

And for the control, I do Tools -> Design Layout -> Contacts.  THen right click in the toolbar and I get a context menu with Customize... in it.  When I click Customize, I get a blank Customize toolbox dialog box.

What shou I do / read, etc

Solution
Accepted by topic author mrainsdon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

The resolution of the problen was that Microsoft Visual Studion 2010 Express by default starts project using the .net Framework 4.0.  When I changed the framewirk to .net Feamework 3.5 the plugin and tool worked as designed.