Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New babe to SDK - 1 : C# retrieve Contact field value and update field value by ContactID and field Displayname

Tuned Listener

New babe to SDK - 1 : C# retrieve Contact field value and update field value by ContactID and field Displayname

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I am new to SDK and C#. Following the ACT Archetecture, I am able to logon ACT with SDK and test some functional sample codes.

Can anyone help me with the below problems? Sample code is preferred.

1. retrieve field value by ContactID and FieldDisplayname

2. update the field value by ContactID and FieldDisplayname

By the way, I have 5 extended (customizing) Contact tables. (too many tables/fields with long table/field name) So I want to update the field by displayname rather than real table names and field names.

I have worked out 4 solutions for my problem:

static void Main(string[] args)
        {

ActFramework act = new ActFramework();
            act.LogOn("C:/ACT/test.pad","admin","root");

Console.WriteLine(act.Contacts.ContactPermission); // test permission

//string ContactID = "F318EFFC-D679-4721-B6E3-6EEE350EE7A9";            

Contact actContact = act.Contacts.GetMyRecord();//act.Contacts.GetContactsByID(******);

Console.WriteLine(actContact.ID);   

//key to use MutableEntityFieldSescriptor  

MutableEntityFieldDescriptor[] myCons = act.Contacts.GetMutableEntityFieldDescriptors();            

DBFieldDescriptor contactField = null;

//initate for solution 2

ContactFieldDescriptor ctField = act.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptor("CUST_ContactTable2_122431.CUST_Age_122551875");

for (int i = 0; i < myCons.Length; i++)            

{                

contactField = myCons[i];                

if (contactField.DisplayName.ToUpper().Equals("AGE"))                

{                    

Console.WriteLine(contactField.DisplayName);  

//get the existing value from CUST_ContactTable2_122431.CUST_Age_122551875       (table.field)

Console.WriteLine(contactField.GetValue(actContact)); 

//solution 1 to set value                   

contactField.SetValue(actContact, "110");                    

//solution 2 to set value

ctField.SetValue(actContact, "130");                    

//solution 3 to set value                

actContact.Fields[contactField.Name, true] = "140";

//solution 4 to set value //from twolfram

actContact.Fields["Age",FieldNameType.Alias] ="150";

actContact.Update();               

}            

}

Console.ReadLine();

}

1.JPG

Copper Contributor

Re: New babe to SDK - 1 : C# retrieve Contact field value and update field value by ContactID and field Displayname

actContact.Fields["Department",Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] ="Value to set";

Tuned Listener

Re: New babe to SDK - 1 : C# retrieve Contact field value and update field value by ContactID and field Displayname

[ Edited ]

actContact.Fields["Age",Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] ="150";  //seems not working.

actContact.Fields["Age",FieldNameType.Alias] ="150"; //working

Thanks, twolfram!