Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New SDK?

New SDK?

Hi All,

Since we upgraded to SP1 HF6 on 2012 Premium, our custom integration with our ERP is broken. Our developer says "I can connect to Our Server name here\ACT Database\Our DBF.pad fine from the ACT 2012 app.  However, when trying to open the database through their SDK, I still get the same Act.Framework.ProductVersionMismatchException error as below:"

"2013-05-21_22-31-58  >>>  Step  0.  Initialize Database Connections. <<<"
"2013-05-21_22-31-58  Connecting to Intuitive Databases...  "
"2013-05-21_22-31-58  Connecting to Intuitive Databases...  Done."
"2013-05-21_22-31-58  Connecting to ACT Database...  "
"2013-05-21_22-32-01  ERROR: openACTConnection exception: Act.Framework.ProductVersionMismatchException: Error in the application.
   at Act.Framework.ActFramework.FailLogOn(Exception ex, TraceCategory tCat, TraceLevel tLevel)
   at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, Boolean fireEvents, Boolean suppressTierCheck, Boolean suppressSchemaCheck, Boolean suppressLicenseCheck, Boolean allowTrialModeDeparture, LogonTrack tracklogon)
   at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, LogonTrack tracklogon)
   at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String xmlPADFile, String userName, String password)
   at ActSyncTool.Form1.openACTConnection() in C:\JerryG\Projects\ActSyncTool\ActSyncTool\Form1.vb:line 2199"
"2013-05-21_22-32-01  Connecting to ACT Database...  Done."

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks,

Don@CCI

Nickel Contributor

Re: New SDK?

Quick thought, based on past issues that sound similar; have you remade your ACT references in your application? You may be using the "old" DLL files in your references, which very possibly could have a different version than your actual ACT server, thus causing the error with your custom application.

Others may be able to provide more information. I hope this helps.

Bronze Super Contributor

Check out this solution regarding your 32/64 project switch

http://community.act.com/t5/ACT-Developer-s-Forum/ProductVersionMismatchException/m-p/43297#M1874

-- Jim Durkin

I have rebuilt the app with the following dll versions:

Act.Framework.dll  14.1.108.0

Act.Shared.Collections.dll  14.1.108.0

Act.Shared.Win32.dll  14.1.108.0

Also, looks like a hotfix was applied (Act.Hotfix.dll version 14.1.108.6).  I tried setting compile target to "x86", but that did not seem to help.  Same error.