Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

.NET Compiler crashes when referencing the new licensing system

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: .NET Compiler crashes when referencing the new licensing system

Almost 3 months on and no commitment by Swiftpage development to have this sorted out for their development community partners. Why?

We are spending days getting applications recompiled and Swiftpage ignores the issue.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Super Contributor

Graeme,

I know this is a big issue for all of us. I spent many hours figuring out the core issue. But I am at a loss why you are spending so much time recompiling.  Inside Impact Suite this was my fix.

I needed a switch for the end user to control languages, Here is my code that checks our internal switch

'---------------------------------------------------
            ' JPD
            ' 9.1.0.4
            '---------------------------------------------------
            If Preferences.GetValue("MathFormula.Language") = "C#" Then
                Dim Compiler As New Durkin.Common.Utilities.CompilerDynamicCSharp(HostApplication, HostFramework, Nothing) ', NewValue.ToString())
                objResults = Compiler.CompileAndRunCode("C#", txtexpression, cFrom, cCustomSubEntity)
            Else
                Dim Compiler As New Durkin.Common.Utilities.CompilerDynamicVB(HostApplication, HostFramework, Nothing) ', NewValue.ToString())
                objResults = Compiler.CompileAndRunCode("VB", txtexpression, cFrom, cCustomSubEntity)
            End If

Then in my library is created one for C#

Dim oCodeProvider As System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider = System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CreateProvider("CSharp")

And one for VB

Dim oCodeProvider As Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider = New Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider

The rest of my code didn't have to change.

-- Jim

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

@jimdurkin wrote:

Graeme,

"I know this is a big issue for all of us. I spent many hours figuring out the core issue. But I am at a loss why you are spending so much time recompiling.". 

_______

Good one Jim :-)
But I think the issues we and Robert have are different to your specific solution, best I can ascertain you aren't working with APFW here? 

That aside, the key point is that you dedicated the 'many hours', which is not retrievable from SP no doubt, or perhaps SP pays you for this :-)  Who should be doing the work do you think, you or SP? As for us we are 75% done with recompiling and will pursue that to we have completed.  The downside is needing two libraries for shared dlls with the desktop, but we will cope with that.

Thanks for your input     

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Super Contributor

"best I can ascertain you aren't working with APFW here? "

Our largest seller is Impact Tables for Web. https://www.impactact.com/TablesWeb.aspx

So I am working with APFW a lot.

the key point is that you dedicated the 'many hours'

Ive dedicated many hours on many projects over many years developing many apps.  I never expect other companies to pay me or reimburse me for my time. That is the nature of software development.

we are 75% done with recompiling and will pursue that to we have completed

This is what I dont understand.  Why are you spending, what seems like, a lot of time recompiling? Are you converting your code base from VB to C#??? I didn't convert anything. I did add support for C# scripting which took all of a few hours to code.

-- Jim Durkin