Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MutableEntityFieldDescriptor problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

MutableEntityFieldDescriptor problems

Hi,

I think I'm going insane but I can not for the life of me work out how on earth you instantiate a new MutableEntityFieldDescriptor object!

I am trying to create a new small tool and one of the parts is to create new OpportunityFieldDescritor objects.

The problem is that unlike all other Primary Entity Objects, OpportunityFieldDescriptor inherits from the MutableEntityFieldDescriptor object so I can not do what I would normally do:

Act.Framework.Database.FieldDescriptor newField =

new Act.Framework.Database.FieldDescriptor("FieldName",RecordType.Opportunity,FieldDataType.Character);

Am I truly mad or is there depressingly no ctor for MutableEntityFieldDescriptor any help would be much appreciated!

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vivek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: MutableEntityFieldDescriptor problems

Well with the help of the Dev Supp team I've resolved my "issue". Basically I was being a fool and was working with an out of date beta or earlier release of the SDK...Doh!

For anyone else that might be vaguely interested you can create FieldDescriptor objects for Opportunity entities by using the standard FieldDescriptor ctor passing it the Opportunity RecordType.

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author vivek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: MutableEntityFieldDescriptor problems

Well with the help of the Dev Supp team I've resolved my "issue". Basically I was being a fool and was working with an out of date beta or earlier release of the SDK...Doh!

For anyone else that might be vaguely interested you can create FieldDescriptor objects for Opportunity entities by using the standard FieldDescriptor ctor passing it the Opportunity RecordType.

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog