Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Move contacts between different Act! databases using the SDK

Tuned Listener

Move contacts between different Act! databases using the SDK

We have two Act! databases, one for current customers and another for inactive customers.  Is it possible to use the SDK to move an inactive customer back to the active customer database?  I also need to be able to move the customer’s notes and history information.  I can do this manually, but would like to automate the process. 

Both databases have the same fields.  We are running the web based version of Act! 2008.

I am fairly new to the SDK.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Move contacts between different Act! databases using the SDK

Hiya bdminesota,

Yeah you should be able to do it but it would be a fairly big project. You would need to not only copy across the Contact objects, but also the various ContactFieldDescriptor objects to get the values over. In addition to this you would also need to copy over the history, notes, activity and Opportunity objects. One of the things to watch out in writing this is for Activity objects with > one attendee. I wrote an app for one of our clients a while back that did this kind of thing, basically their dB had completely corrupted so we recreated the dB by using the SDK to recreate the structure, users etc. 

Best of luck!

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog