Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Menu Seperator

Tuned Listener

Menu Seperator

I want to add a seperator between a custom field I added under the tools menu and the check spelling button so i did the following code but it does not work, do i need to refresh the bar or am i just wrong with the code.

ActApp.Explorer.CommandBarCollection(

"Connected Menus").ControlCollection("act-ui://com.act/application/menu/tools/spelling").HasSeparator = true

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Menu Seperator

tried to reset the menus to default and run your code and see if that menu item already HasSeparater as True ??

hasseparator might place it under or over the item.. so it might be that you need to use this code on the menu item your adding

not sure.. just something to test
Tuned Listener

Yah its weird I tried that and it showed that HasSeperator by default is false, I seem to be able to add a seperator no problem for the new buttons I am adding it just seems that for exisiting ACT! menus that I cannot, everything else works, isvisible, text and other property changes to existing fields except the HasSeperator. Strange..

Employee

I don't know at this point if this is the desired behavior, I'm going to assume it isn't because as you said, you can toggle the DisplayStyle but not HasSeperator. Like you I can add a seperator to new menu items but am unable to add them to existing items. I'll submit a ticket for it.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator