Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup type control

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Lookup type control

Hi,

I would like to add a lookup type control to the Companies Detail form.  The lookup would show a list of Companies where their Status = 'Master'.  Is there anything anyone can think of that would achieve this.

kind regards

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kulimootoo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: Lookup type control

The .Net combox has a DataSource property and you could bind the results of the lookup to it, as a lookup is just the result of a query. I don't know if it's the best way but it's certainly doable. And yes, you can add controls to the detail page.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by lookup type control, are you meaning something like a datagrid to display the lookup or a control to perform the lookup?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hi Matthew,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

What I'm trying to do is to create a Parent / Subsidiary type relationship between companies, so what I was looking for was a lookup type control or a dynamically built drop down list (max of 20 in a list) showing a list of Companies where its 'Status' (or whatvever field)  = 'Parent' for example.   The user can then select the Companies 'Parent' company so creating a releationship between the 2 companies which I can then use for linking Opportunities etc to show at both Subsidiary and Parent level..

Also, maybe a stupid question but I'm very new to ACT!...can you tell me if I can add these sort of custom controls / buttons etc to the main Detail forms or can I only customise new tabs !.

kind regards

Clare

Employee

The .Net combox has a DataSource property and you could bind the results of the lookup to it, as a lookup is just the result of a query. I don't know if it's the best way but it's certainly doable. And yes, you can add controls to the detail page.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author kulimootoo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Thats fab Matthew thanks so much for your quick response...