Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup Contacts

Bronze Super Contributor

Lookup Contacts

Looking for some help or at least suggestions... Using the Act2019Demo Database to do a lookup of Contacts matching criteria

If I use the field TBL_CONTACT.HOME_STATE it always returns ZERO contacts

Dim fldHomeState As Act.Framework.Contacts.ContactFieldDescriptor = Me.HostFramework.Contacts.GetFieldDescriptor("TBL_CONTACT.HOME_STATE", True)
 lstContacts = Me.HostFramework.Contacts.GetContacts(Nothing, New IFilterCriteria() {New ComparisonFilterCriteria(fldHomeState, ComparisonFilterCriteria.Operation.Equals, "AZ")})

Using the field TBL_CONTACT.DEPARTMENT returns 4 record ( which is correct !!!)

Dim fldDepartment As Act.Framework.Contacts.ContactFieldDescriptor = Me.HostFramework.Contacts.GetFieldDescriptor("TBL_CONTACT.DEPARTMENT", True)
lstContacts = Me.HostFramework.Contacts.GetContacts(Nothing, New IFilterCriteria() {New ComparisonFilterCriteria(fldDepartment, ComparisonFilterCriteria.Operation.Equals, "Administration")})

Any suggestions on why?

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Highlighted

Re: Lookup Contacts

The "HOME_STATE" field should return 5(five) contacts for you...see attached excel.

I haven't started playing with the API as of yet (as you know), but, within the actual database tables themselves

the HOME_STATE field is in the "TBL_ADDRESS" table as "STATE" with unique TYPEID ("47e09cbd-4218-411b-8b59-e838b13e2ccf")

assigned to it. Of course the CONTACTID is in there as well linking back to the TBL_CONTACT table.

peter