Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Link to open a contact page in Act desktop

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Link to open a contact page in Act desktop

I'm using an oledb connection to read data from act, and to create reports. I would like to be able to have the user click a contact record from the report, and have it open that contact page directly in act desktop.

I have the contactID, and all the sql details for the contacts, but i'm struggling to come up with a good way to open the record in act.

At the moment, my idea is to create a .qry lookup file for the desired contact in a central location, and have a hokey within act that will trigger that lookup. I can then get the report to generate the qry file dynamically and then "press" the hotkey to trigger the lookup in act.

But that requires the central qry file and the hotkey being manually set up on every machine.

I've seen posts about opening a specific contact record with the web api, but does anyone know a better way to accomplish this for Act desktop?

Cheers

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Link to open a contact page in Act desktop

I've done this in the past by creating an app linked to shell command "act://contact/id".

In my situation I needed to click an e-mail hyperlink that would show a contact in ACT! desktop. It would then fire the "act://..." link that would call an app that connected to ACT through remoting. But this also requires this shell app to be installed in all target machines.

Hugo Vale