Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Licensing troubles

Licensing troubles

I have purchased 5 user licenses for "ACT! Prem 2009 Corp Edition EX Lic LVL A" 

Since it is a business environment, people come, people go, machines get wiped, things happen, now my serial key is no longer working for new installs.  I think there are only 3 of us who wish to use these licenses currently.

1. How do I clear up licensing discrepencies from old installations that are no longer around?

2. Is there some way to identify where these licenses think that they are installed to?

Regards

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Licensing troubles

You will need to call Sage licesing.  The serial number will only activate a certain number of times before you have to ring up and perform manual activation.

Tom

Thanks Jack V for the question as I have very similar issues.  I have a couple additional questions so I hope you dont mind if I piggyback on your post...

1. We use ACT! Premium 2008 with a 5 user license.  Since the installation tracks the number of installations and counts that towards the licensing agreement, is there a way to GRACEFULLY uninstall it on a PC in our network and have the counter roll back?  As with Jack, if it is removed from one box and put on another, the licensing is not being violated.  I dont believe our IT department will have the time to contact customer service each time this needs to happen. I am the administrator for the product so of course I would need to be present as well.

For clarification:  Are the number of installs directly related to the number of licenses if none of those will be installed on a laptop?  As I seem to understand, it appears that an active user can have one instance on a PC and one on a laptop. That would create 10 installs.  If it is still the same user base of 5 active users, why would the install be limited to say the 10 installs. In light of employee atrition, an authorized user may be located somewhere else on the network with a dedicated pc that will need to be installed.  Is the ONLY solution contacting customer service?

Thank you for clearing this up.  AL W... 

Nickel Super Contributor

Speak to customer service, if you explain that you have to reinstll a few machines they will normally reset the count for you.

Tom

Thanks for the response... I will reorg my users and call C/S. 

AL...