Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Layouts

Avid Listener

Layouts

Hi Guys,

Quick question, is it possible to use the SDK or any other means to display the company layout/screen in a tab on the contact screen/layout?

Thanks

Chris

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Layouts

There is nothing in the SDK that can do what you want.

Is it possible with .NET?  The short answer is Yes - but it would be a very large undertaking.

-- Jim Durkin

Avid Listener

if you wanted to change the company fields it would be big but displaying only a field is a trival task
Avid Listener

Thanks everyone, but the ultimate goal is just a veiw in a tab mirroring the company layout/screen. Nothing more. In an ideal siutuation, we could have a tab in the contacts called company screen, and then just see the company screen, no changes would be allowed from her, just the ability to view the information. Is it possible to do this. Or even have the fields show up in the contact screen in a tab. Just so when we speak to clients, we can quickly look at the company info that is on the company screen.

Thanks in advance of any help.

Chris

Copper Elite Contributor

Anything is possible with enough money, but it's really silly.  Click the blue company link and jump across, that's what it's there for.  It's also not technically that hard(even updating data is easy), it's just annoying to "copy" the layout from a layout file and dynamically draw it.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Avid Listener

Thanks for the kick in the pants with that. Unfortunatly this is a request from my employer, it makes zero sense why we would do this. But none the less I am going to attempt to explain to him why we should not and why it is a silly. It is something that I would not want to spend a whole lot of time on.

Thanks

Chris

Copper Elite Contributor

A decent workaround is to create Contact fields that match the company fields, and just link them.  Then when data is updated on the contact and/or company it all pushes out, and is more or less what you want to do, it's still silly, but a lot less silly, not sure why I didn't think about that earlier =)

-Nick

Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.