Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Outlook 2010 contacts into ACT 2011 on a Windows 7 (32bit) Home Premium system.

Importing Outlook 2010 contacts into ACT 2011 on a Windows 7 (32bit) Home Premium system.

The ACT wizard is not importing my contacts and there is no way in the wizars to specifiy the outlook folder. My outlook PST file is located in C:\outlook\outlook.pst. Can anyone help as the knowledge base has nothing that covers this. Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Outlook 2010 contacts into ACT 2011 on a Windows 7 (32bit) Home Premium system.

You don't specifiy the PST ... it reads the standard Contacts list or Exchange List set in Outlook

Have you followed this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13907

If so, at what stage does it not do as expected?

Also what version/build of ACT! from help | about?

If not 13.1 + Hotfix 4 ... you should update with SP1 (to get to 13.1) then Hotfix 4 for SP1

If fixes a few Outlook issues... also note: if sharing the database, must be done on ALL systems

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Outlook 2010 contacts into ACT 2011 on a Windows 7 (32bit) Home Premium system.

Are you getting through the import wizard - which step in the wizard are you getting to?.

I am not using exchange.

I cannot correlate this article to ACT 2011 and Outlook 2010 so I guess this is for earlier version.

I go through the complete import wizaed selecting defaults and it completes without any error codes but does not import any contacts.

ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0. Hot Fix 2. When I select updates I get a respons in the bottom right hand corner telling me I have latest version but I will go to site and see if I can force the updates you speak about.

Thanks.

The article says ACT! 2011 at the bottom ... how are you seeing different?

Updates can be downloaded from this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27440

You'll need SP1 linked near the top first

loaded al updates and still cannot import contacts from Outlook 2010

I get through the entire import wizard and get no error/failure messages but no contacts are added. Since ACT is not asking me to define the folder it must be looking in a default location. I copied my PST file to this location and it still did not work. I'm sure it is probably my inexperience but still I do not understand why the program is not more helpful with diagnostic info.

It doesn't look at a PST directly, it goes via Outlook ... when you Open Outlook and select Contacts in your default Profile - that's what it's looking for

The other option is to export from Outlook as Excel, then import that to ACT!