Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IFilterCriteria + Exception thrown

IFilterCriteria + Exception thrown

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to retrieve all of the notes for a selected company using the GetNotes method. I am using the overload that allows you to pass a sort criteria, an act company, an aggregation type, a filter criteria, a boolean value to defer loading. I want to retrieve all of the notes available, so before calling the method I create a new "StaticTextFilterCriteria" object with blank string value(""). When executing the GetNotes method using this Filter Criteria, an exception is thrown with the message incorrect syntax near ')'. What is the proper syntax when creating a filter string? Does anyone know of another thread, or a document in the SDK that references filters? (I have looked through the SDK, but I haven't found much regarding the specific implementation of filter criteria).

Any assistance or guidance on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Everett
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: IFilterCriteria + Exception thrown

Have you tried passing 'null' as the filter?
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.

[ Edited ]
Hi Nikolas,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the GetNotes method to return a value if sent a null value in place of the filter argument. Do you happen to know the syntax that I would use if I wanted to filter the results? I have tested some generic filter clauses like "All" and "Company", but unfortunately, they do not seem to work.

Thanks, Everett

Message Edited by everettcomstock on 03-17-2008 04:49 PM
Copper Elite Contributor

I've never done it that way, time constraints always forced me to filter after pulling the entire list, it was just easier. I'd suggest implementing it that way first to get it functioning, it's most likely not significantly slower either.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.

[ Edited ]
Thanks Nikolas. I will be able to proceed by passing a 'null' parameter, and I will delve into the innards of IFilterCriteria another day.

Cheers, Everett

Message Edited by everettcomstock on 03-18-2008 09:34 AM