Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to find out a Recurring Activity's Type

Astute Commentator

How to find out a Recurring Activity's Type

Working this week (and next) on understanding recurring events and I'm finding that I need some outside knowledge.

Is there a call or field on an recurring Activity that indicates whether it is the "master recurrence" i.e. the one that defines the recurring series, or that the activity is a "independent activity" that is the result of either modification of the recurring item or clearing of the recurring item.

Any clues would be great!

Thanx.

T

Employee

Re: How to find out a Recurring Activity's Type

You can find out if a recurring event is the first in the series via the public property IsFirstOccurrence. If an activity is not part of a series then there are several ways, one of which would be if the activities daily recurrence type is ActivityRecurDayType.None.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Astute Commentator

Matt,

Thanx for the tip.

Under the current interface, if an individual instance of a recurring activity is modified i.e. change the Regarding and the Details of the activity, then ACT! creates a new activity with a different GUID than the "master recurrence".  So now you have a recurring activity (the "master recurrence") and an individual activity that is related to the "master recurrence". What field in the Individual activity references the "master recurrence"? All the fields seem to be zero. Or even better, how can I find out which recurring series the modified individual recurrence is related to? I tried a couple of mechanisms and don't seem to get it.

Thanx in advance.

T

Employee

Is the Activity.MasterActivityID null on the individual activity that was edited or does it still point to the activity which would be the first occurrence in the series?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Astute Commentator

The MasterActivityID is the same as the ActivityID for both the series and for the edited individual item. It is not null, however.

AHA! Found it. It is the RecurSourceActivityID field!!!!!! All the other fields indicate that the activity is an individual activity but the RecurSourceActivityID points to the recurrence series. Thanx.

I would also believe the same to happen with Cleared Activities.

Have a good day!

T