Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to connect ACT to my companies in-house application?

How to connect ACT to my companies in-house application?

Hi,

My company is looking to start using a CRM product internally. They already use a product written in house to do the lions share of their business but it does not do CRM activities.

I am trying to find out what the possibilities are for connecting our in house software to ACT.

Our application is written in C# (.NET 4.0) and uses DevExpress Controls throughout. It also currently uses Avantage Database Server by Sybase.

It has its own customer and contact database.

We are looking to use ACT! for pre-sales and campaigns.

The main objectives as I see it are as follows:

1) Sales rep uses ACT! for pre-sales activities, then when a company/contact moves from a prospect to a customer the info can be exported into our software.

2) For campaigns, we may need to extract customers/contacts from our software and import them into ACT!

What would be the best way to achieve this?

1) Export/Import CSV or other.

2) Direct access to the SQL Database using a driver.

3) Calling an SDK.

We also sell our application to other companies so integration with ACT! would increase sales for both parties.

Regards

Mike

Re: How to connect ACT to my companies in-house application?

I would suggest the best thing to do would be to use the SDK so that you dont get yourself in a mess with ACT databases

I've done a very similar thing to what you want to achieve, only for our website.

I wrote a C# console script which would read our online database and then it would convert those into ACT Contacts (I use some custom fields to help maintain syncronisation)

I've also written a plugin which adds some buttons to the toolbar to sync from ACT back into our web database.

All of that has been built in C# using the SDK.

Thanks for the info. Is the SDK part of the installation or a separate download?

Regards

Nickel Contributor

It's a separate download.

It can be gotten from here: http://www.act.com/partners/development-partner-program/sdk/

OK. Thanks for the link.

Regards