Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to access directly act database from word vba in order to program automatic reports (kind like mass mailing)?

Copper Contributor

How to access directly act database from word vba in order to program automatic reports (kind like mass mailing)?

I have no idea how to link word vba with my  Act! 18 premium database. I dont want to do it by microsoft access. I just want a read-only connection.

Does any one know  the solution?

Administrator

Re: How to access directly act database from word vba in order to program automatic reports (kind like mass mailing)?

Hi stashcb4,

You might be able to do this with the Act! Reader utility - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17538
Or you could use the web API.

If you could tell us what you want to achieve with more detail, maybe we can suggest something else.
Copper Contributor

Re: How to access directly act database from word vba in order to program automatic reports (kind like mass mailing)?

i Have already done all the settings for actreader and i can see the views of my act database on access. when i go menu, choose data source etc...

But word don't have that menu. How do i do that with a connection string in my word Vba code?

For now i'm using a file from acces like this:

Set db = DBEngine.OpenDatabase("C:\Users\Pascal\Documents\import2.accdb")

But i want a code like this one but in ODBC connection:

With stCon
.ConnectionString = "UID=" & Utili & ";PWD=" & mdp & ";" & "DRIVER={SQL Server};Server=" _
& "ACT7" & ";Database=" & "TESTJR" & ";"
.Open

Administrator

I have moved your post to the developer's forum for more exposure on this technical question.
Copper Contributor

ok, thanks.