Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Redraw Tabs

Copper Contributor

How to Redraw Tabs

by rogdon , 11-17-2007 6:04 AM

I am having trouble with the Snapshot Tab not appearing on setup.  The tabs do not refresh even on an open and close of the database.  To get the tab to appear I have to change the format.  Is there a call in the SDK to do cause the Tabs to be redrawn?

Copper Contributor

Re: How to Redraw Tabs

by Xavier on 11-12-2007 5:06 PM

In general, to add a custom tab via the SDK, you register for two events in OnAfterLogon: ViewLoaded and ApplicationState.LayoutLoaded.  In view loaded, check to see if it’s the contact detail view and if so add the tab.
In LayoutLoaded check to see if the layout was the right one and then add the tab.

Copper Contributor

by rogdon on 11-12-2007 5:34 PM

That is correct for inserting the Tab but the problem seems to be ACT not doing a refresh (in some cases) so that the Tab does not appear.  Clicking the "Layout: button or the Design Layout option causes the Tab to appear.   Is there a case where the install you described above needs an addtional call to force the Tab line to be redrawn.  This is not a consistent issue but it happens often enough upon install.  Once the Tab appears once it is always there.  

Copper Contributor

by Xavier on 11-12-2007 6:15 PM

Mmm..  I'm not aware of specific issues that would cause that - would be good if you can isolate the scenario in which the problem occurs such that it can be reproduced.  If you are able to do that, we should be able to debug and find out the problem and solution.

Copper Contributor

by rogdon on 11-17-2007 6:04 AM

The issues where caused by different startup view preferences.  We where not handling them all correctly.  Thanks for your help.