Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can i make other field in the form hidden when a certain field is chosen in another list control?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

How can i make other field in the form hidden when a certain field is chosen in another list control?

How do i get inside the coding section of the customization in ACT ?

i want to code this:

make other field in the form hidden when a certain field is chosen in a list control in the same form?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rodnikosh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: How can i make other field in the form hidden when a certain field is chosen in another list control?

Well hopefully you've already downloaded the SDK documentation which can be found on the right hand side of this forum. Within that documentation are examples that you can load into visual studio, they'll give you a baseline on where to begin.

The short version, is all you have to do is add a reference in visual studio to Act.Framework.dll, which can be found in the install media. This will give you framework level access to Sage Act.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rodnikosh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: How can i make other field in the form hidden when a certain field is chosen in another list control?

Well hopefully you've already downloaded the SDK documentation which can be found on the right hand side of this forum. Within that documentation are examples that you can load into visual studio, they'll give you a baseline on where to begin.

The short version, is all you have to do is add a reference in visual studio to Act.Framework.dll, which can be found in the install media. This will give you framework level access to Sage Act.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

yes but how do i get to the point were i write code for a certain form , lets say , contact.

looked for examples in youtube, examples in the SDK, nor google, couldn't find a tutorial that actually exmplain how to start coding.

do you mean i do the development on my VS2010 and then export it to the contadct.... i don;t know..

Employee

To get access to the contact related tasks/class etc you'd just need to add an additional usering statement in your VS project for Act.Framework.Contacts. Your projects output will be an assembly file that you'll place into //Act/Act for Windows/Plugins. 

In your projects preferences, change the "Launch external application" to ActSage.exe, thiis will allow you to debug your application, additionally if you add this "copy "$(TargetPath)" "C:\Program Files\Act\Act for Windows\Plugins" to the post build events it'll copy the class library file for you.

The sample code within the SDK can be found at //SDK\Sage ACT! 2012 SDK\Content\Code Samples

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator