Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I trigger an event when a Contact is Added to an Opportunity?

Copper Contributor

How can I trigger an event when a Contact is Added to an Opportunity?

The company I work for wants me to update a contact field when the contact is added to an Opportunity.

Does any one have any idea of how I could achieve this with a C# plugin.

I'm using Sage ACT! 2013 Premuim for Windows.

I don't see any Contacts Updated events on the Opportunity or Opportunities Updated events on the contact.

Is there a way I could create my own event to trigger code to execute when this happens?

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Eric

Silver Super Contributor

Re: How can I trigger an event when a Contact is Added to an Opportunity?

Look at the Contacts property in the Opportunity Changing event and then compare it to the Contacts property in the Opportunity Changed event, etc.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply Stan.

I had thought that there might be something I can do using those events:

What happens when I switch from one opportunity to another then?  if I grab the Current Opportunity when Opportunity Changing event fires and then grab the Current Opportunity again in the Opportunity Changed event they wouldn't they be different

Or would you get the Current Opp in the Opportunity Changing event, put it in a variable, then see if the Current Opportunity in the Opportunity Changed event is the same as the stored variable and then compare the contacts?

Copper Contributor

I beleive what I said above should work but the only problem is that the Opportunity Changing and Opportunity Changed events don't fire.

I will check to see if the Updated event will work for this on the Opportunity. 

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.