Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Can I : Adjust the text position on a custom ACT! Toolbar button

Copper Contributor

How Can I : Adjust the text position on a custom ACT! Toolbar button

[ Edited ]

I would like to adjust the display style of a custom ACT! Toolbar button.

My problem is that the text is positioned to the right of the icon image, but all the other ACT! buttons have the text below the icon, I would like my custom button to be the same.

Picture of issue:

act-toolbar.png

As you can see "History, Email, and Help Topics" text are below the icon.  My cusotm button "POS" positions the text to the right.

Here is my code:

this.application.RegisterCommand(urn, new Act.UI.CommandHandler(Handler), Act.UI.RegisterType.Shell);
System.Drawing.Image newImage = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(BUTTOM_IMAGE);                
Act.UI.Core.CommandBarButton NewButton = new Act.UI.Core.CommandBarButton(text, hover_text, null, urn, null, newImage, Act.UI.Core.CommandBarControl.ItemDisplayStyle.ImageAndText, true);
this.application.Explorer.CommandBarCollection[ACTIVE_TOOLBAR].ControlCollection.Add(NewButton);

Employee

Re: How Can I : Adjust the text position on a custom ACT! Toolbar button

I think it may have to do with the height of the image being used, does this occur regardless of what icon is used?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: How Can I : Adjust the text position on a custom ACT! Toolbar button

I have tried with 16x16, 24x24, 32x32 -- regardless of image size, the text aligns to the right Smiley Sad