Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HIRE PROGRAMMER, NEED ADDIN BUILT

Copper Super Contributor

HIRE PROGRAMMER, NEED ADDIN BUILT

Hello forum,

I am looking for a programmer to build me an addin and send me all the source code, we can arrange payment through paypal or something I just need this built really bad and I cannot figure it out at all. I am looking to be able to in ACT! layout designer drag and drop a tab control onto the top contact screen to be able to arrange more fields under tabs.Pretty much a multi tab box exactly like the one exponenciel sells. Let me know if it can be done. Thanks! 

Copper Super Contributor

Re: HIRE PROGRAMMER, NEED ADDIN BUILT

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Developer-Downloads/Secured-Tab-Custom-Control-for-layouts/td-p...

ACT already have some code on how to make your own tabcontroller

Copper Super Contributor

Since its all C# that example.. and i know you like VB... so i spent 30sec writing a simple plain tab control in VB.net for youSmiley Happy

create a new class (this one i called TabControl)

code:

Imports System.Collections.Generic

Imports System.Text

Imports System.Windows.Forms

Imports System.ComponentModel

Imports Act.Framework

Imports Act.UI

Imports Act.Framework.Contacts

Imports Act.Shared.ComponentModel

Imports Act.Framework.ComponentModel

<CustomControlAttribute(True), LayoutToolboxItemFriendlyName()> _

Public Class TabControl

Inherits System.Windows.Forms.TabControl

Public Shared ReadOnly Property LayoutToolboxFriendlyName() As String

Get

Return "Tab Control"

End Get

End Property

End Class

Simple.. and form here you can customise all sorts of things..

build it, put the DLL in the TOOLS directory in ACT.. open the designer, right click the tool list area and select 'customise'.. in the popup window select TabControll (or what ever you named it).. then drag it to the designer form and then use the properties window to customise furtherSmiley Happy

hope this help

Greg

Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue and I have approached it from so many directions and just do not have the skillset or time to acquire them.

We send clients email reminders for the next day appointments 15-30 a day and it is such a pain to have to rewrite each one since we still cannot edit the activity e-mail template though we have begged for years.

I have thought of OLEB and have crystal reports (unsure if you can do a mail merge with it) and have also dabbled in VB (have Visual Studios and played with the SDK but it is the time to learn that is an issue)

If we could extract the client name, activity date and time  and filter just for calls and meetings and put it into an email with the ability to add some boilerplate text and a subject. it would save so much time.

Even create a lookup - extract this info as fields and a merge file then do an e-mail merge each day.

I would love to find someone that can create an addin to do this at a fair rate. I cannot believe that it is not an available addin since there have been many requests online over the years.

Please, any sugestions appreciated  or consultants that feel they can handle this or you have had exprience with a good group. Please let me know either on this forum or privately (office@naturalholistic.com)

Thank you

Larry Bernstein, VMD