Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Framework.LogOn failing in Act v17

Copper Contributor

Framework.LogOn failing in Act v17

I have Act v17.0 installed on a development server.  I wrote a simple application to test logging in to a database via the framework.  My code (sans error handling):

ActFramework framework = new ActFramework();

framework.LogOn("C:\\Actdata\\database\\ACT2015Demo.PAD", "Chris Huffman", "");

When I run it, however, I get an error message:

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

Retrieving the inner exception, I get this message:

"The type initializer for 'Protexis.<square symbol?>' threw an exception."

I researched this second error, but all I found was a KB article stating I need to reinstall Protexis or else reinstall Act.  I tried both of these without success.  I used this method of logging in a few weeks ago in Act and there was no problem.  I updated to SP1 HF1 but I have the same problem.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or else why this started happening.  What can I do about this?

Thanks.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Framework.LogOn failing in Act v17

Have you made sure your project is running as 32-bit, and not 64, or for "Any CPU"?

Ahsan Khalid

Chief Technology Officer
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
www.keystroke.ca

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

Heeding your advice, I targeted x86, and it started working.  What I'm confused about is, I have another project which also logs into the framework, but it targets Any CPU and it works fine.  How can that be?

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

You would think this would have been fixed by now.

It is unfortunate because we have software package that can use the Sage SDK but it runs 64-bit and the build it does is obviously 64-bit so I can't log into the Framework.

I would either have to uninstall the software package and reinstall as 32-bit (which won't be happening) or make some sort of service or command line app to log into ACT from the software package.

It's something to do with Protexis service when loggin in.

Either way it is a major pain.