Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Filter for "Contacts to select from"

Copper Contributor

Filter for "Contacts to select from"

I posted this elsewhere, but am hoping someone in this forum can help....

Does anyone know if there is a way, or an available Add-on, to edit the fields to select from when attaching Outlook emails to your ACT record?  We need to filter by Item #, not by Contact name or Company Name.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Filter for "Contacts to select from"

Copper Contributor

Jim,

I can't really tell from that discussion.  Let me explain better what I'm lookiing for: 

We broker equipment.  Our customers have a primary record in ACT, but they may have 8 or more additional records in ACT with the same company name & same contact name.  We have a custom field called Item # which is a unique field to all records.  We want to be able to display the Item #, in addition to Contact, Company, so we can attach the Outlook msg to the apprpropriate record.  Do you have an add-on that would do this? 

Thanks for looking at this!

Jillian

Bronze Super Contributor

We do not have any add-on specifically tailored to link email to a unique field in ACT! but it would not be hard to adjust some scripts we already have. We have developed an add-on for Outlook which attaches emails to opportunities. We can attached the email to a contact via your uniq fields.

Contact me directly. Phone number at the top of my web site:

http://durkincomputing.com/

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin