Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Filter Histories and Notes according to custom types

Copper Contributor

Filter Histories and Notes according to custom types

In Act there is the possibility to define new types for activities. After defining a new activity typ i can choose the new typ every time i create a new activity. More over I can filter the list of activities according to the new type.

Even if i create a new history i can assign the new type. But it isn't possible to filter histories according to this type.

Can I somehow customize Act (over the UI or programmaticly) to filter histories according to the new type (and show the results in the standard Act UI). And can i add a custom note type (for example Act.Framework.Notes.NoteType ) and filter the notelist according to this type?

I tried to define a new notetype with:

NoteType nt = new NoteType(102, "Typ", "Typ", true, true);

but i got an error that said, i used the wrong id

Thanks in advance, Primius

Employee

Re: Filter Histories and Notes according to custom types

First, what version of Act! are we using?

Second, are you custom history types not showing up in the Types drop down on the history tab? or Are you trying to filter using IFIlterCriteria?

Custom note types are a no go.

Hope this helps.

Matt 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

I use Act 2009 (Version 11), is there a difference to Act 2010?

The custom history types won't be shown in the types drop down on the history tab. Is there a way to filter histories according to custom types at the history tab or should i build my own tab?

Thanks, Primius.

Employee

I only asked about the version because I was testing things on my end and wanted to make sure you weren't using something prior to v11.

For what your wanting to accomplish you're probably going to have to make your own tab. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator