Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field Lost focus

Copper Super Contributor

Field Lost focus

hi guys

i am a little stuck here.. i am trying to get an event that fires when the user moves out of a field

i can get the fieldchanged event but im not looking to see if any value has changed only that the user tabbed to the next box

i know there are triggers for when the field loses focus but i need to get hold of the event so that my plugin can do some work

thanks

Employee

Re: Field Lost focus

I'm going to have to look into this a little further, just doing a quick scan through where I'd expect it to be I didn't see a gain/lose focus event for fields.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Super Contributor

any word on this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Employee

Also the FieldTriggerHelper class has a run method to call on a program or activity series.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a way to monitor whether a particular field has focus.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Super Contributor

would be good if it was an app but its a plugin.. a whole plugin has been created.. making separate apps would be wasteful if there was an event and i just had not been able to find it yet

if i can get an event for "Changed" .. it would be great to have an event for "enter" & "left".. and since the fields have triggers themselves then letting developers attach to these would be nice..

the plugin is already connected to the application.. having ACT then start an app that has to connect..login.. get information.. set fields.. close.. thats just a waste of resources and processing time, thinking the plugin can just do it all right away

Platinum Elite Contributor

Create little applet that you can attach as a field trigger and call the plugin with the appropriate field information.
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Mike

you lost me on this one.. are you saying there is a way for an application to notify a loaded plugin currently running in ACT, pass it info so that it will do something??