Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting my database

Exporting my database

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2011.  I have it installed on my laptop for work.  I am the only user.  The laptop is not on a network. I have received a new laptop.  I think I need to export my ACT database to a thumb drive and then reinstall ACT Pro 2011 on the new machine and then import the database from a thumb drive.  I cannot figure out how to do this.  Are there step by step instructions?

The new machine is running Windows 7 same as the old machine.

Platinum Elite Contributor

export it ... you use the BackupRe: Exporting my database

You don't export it .... you use File | Backup - then copy the ZIP file to the thumb drive

On the new system, use File | Restore | Restore As

See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19818

Re: Exporting my database

Thanks.  The link you supplied talks about moving the database from one location to another on the same machine.  Is this still accurate if I am moving the database from machine A to machine B?

OK.  I backed up the files to a thumb drive.  I copied the zip file from the thumb drive to the C drive on my new machine.  I have ACT installed.  I selected File - Restore - Database.  A dialogue box opens.  I select Restore As.A dialogue box opens and i browse to the location on my C drive where the zip file is saved.  I select it and click OK>  Another box opens.  It asks for a new database name.  It has a file on my C drive populated for the To Location.  I enter a user name.  Click OK and I get a window with alot of text and messages.  I am stumped.

Platinum Elite Contributor