Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export Document Tab

Highlighted

Export Document Tab

Hello, I need to export the content of the documents tab along with the contact name and the unique id. I know that through the ACT software this cannot be done. I am looking to see if someone has written a script to perform this function and if so, is it possible to get a copy of the script.

We are running ACT Premium 20.1.120.0 update 8

Kind Regards.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: Export Document Tab

Hi.

Thanks for posting this.

Can I just clarify what you mean by exporting the contents of the documents tab.

As I am sure you know, the documents tab of a Contact/Company/Opportunity/Group can be made up of links/shortcuts to folders or files, links to URLs, or file attachments. Each of these are held in the Attachments folder of the database.

My question is, what is it that you want to export? Is it a list of the file paths and document/URL/folder names along with the contact name & ID or do you want to copy that information into a folder?

Kind regards

Donald

Highlighted

Hello Donald, thanks for the reply.

What I am looking for is the file name, document path, Contact first name, Contact last name, Contact unique ID, and a couple of custom fields that we use. exported to a csv file.

After exploring the ACT table through MS SQL I was able to locate the tables and fields I needed to export and wrote a short script to extract the data.

Once again,

Thanks for the reply.

Clarkie.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

No a problem. I'm glad you manage to resolve it.
Regards
Donald