Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing drop down menus in History Type

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Editing drop down menus in History Type

Hi,

I am trying to add additional fields in the drop down menu when recording a new history.  I want to add options other than phone, meeting, call, etc.  For our business we have other items that are important to get recorded and I would like to add items to that list.  I have been able to modify / edit other fields on the main contact field but not inside of history.  Please help. 

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author seeg
‎12-14-2015 06:15 AM

Re: Editing drop down menus in History Type

Hi there, since History types are based primarily on the different activity types within the database, the way to create a new history type is actually to first create a new activity type. To do this go to the Schedule menu, click on "Manage" and choose "Activity Types". You can then create a new activity type which will show up in the "Type" dropdown for new history as well. Also, when you create the activity type, if you add or change any of the results in the list, then these will appear within the "Result" dropdown when creating your history.

I hope that makes sense, please let us know if you have any trouble with that.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author seeg
‎12-14-2015 06:15 AM

Hi there, since History types are based primarily on the different activity types within the database, the way to create a new history type is actually to first create a new activity type. To do this go to the Schedule menu, click on "Manage" and choose "Activity Types". You can then create a new activity type which will show up in the "Type" dropdown for new history as well. Also, when you create the activity type, if you add or change any of the results in the list, then these will appear within the "Result" dropdown when creating your history.

I hope that makes sense, please let us know if you have any trouble with that.

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much, this was incredibly helpful land way easier than I thought.  I spent far too much time trying to figure it out myself to no avail!  Thank you again!!

Christa