Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

EditDate for activities not updated?

Champion Listener

EditDate for activities not updated?

Hello,

I'm working with scheduling activities, notes and histories with multiple contacts and I found an issue with activities.

The problem is with EditDate of activities scheduled with multiple contacts, where time is not always updated. If you schedule an activity with multiple contacts, everything is fine. But if you later add additional contacts or remove existing contacts from the same activity without changing anything else, time in EditDate will not be updated.

Here are the steps to replicate this scenario:

1. Create activity in ACT! for today and in Schedule With field add for example, 3 contacts.

2. Save the activity and check EditDate

3. Now, open the same activity and add 1 contact more or remove 1 contact from Schedule With field (don’t make any other changes)

4. Save the activity and check EditDate. EditDate will be the same as in step 2.

I tested this using ACT! 2006 and ACT! 2008 and confirmed that this is the issue with both versions. Because of this, I'm unable to detect the most recent changes of activities, if the changes are related with adding/removing multiple contacts.

Is this an issue with ACT!? Is there some workaround to resolve this?

Thanks.

Katerina
Copper Contributor

Re: EditDate for activities not updated?

Katerina,

Just wanted to follow-up here as well as in my email.
I have submitted a defect for this issue.

Did you recieve my suggested workarounds?
Trapping a Field change or Trapping an Activity update event?
Carlton Jones
Sage Software