Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

EditDate field on Recurring Appointments

Astute Commentator

EditDate field on Recurring Appointments

Here I go again with Recurring Appointments.

If you Erase or Clear an item for a recurring appointment, the EditDate field stays the same.

Shouldn't it change? For example, my addon looks for modifications on the Activities every 30 minutes. Filtering by EditDate works if you are editing the whole recurring series (since the EditDate field changes). However, it fails miserably if you erase or clear an individual item on the series.

Any clues on picking up the modifications without having to go through each recurring event and comparing the ClereadDates and DeletedDates array?

T

Employee

Re: EditDate field on Recurring Appointments

As far as I understand, the EditDate not changing for a clear or delete is the expected behavior. 

There is an event that occurs when an activity is cleared or deleted, this event passes in the instance of the cleared or deleted activity. That may be preferable to having to check at intervals for changes, but that depends a lot on your application. You could also do the same for Activites that are updated.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Astute Commentator

Re: EditDate field on Recurring Appointments

Thanx for the response. However, I disagree with your analysis.

When an Item is Edited, the EditDate should change to that date that is why it is called EditDate. This is a bug on the SDK that should be fixed.

Expected behavior is not to edit/modify/change an item and the EditDate remains unchanged.

T