Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic Activities?

Dynamic Activities?

Hey all.

I am using swiftpage right now for my email blasts and campaigns. I have it set up to where I create dynamic groups from a list field. When a contact needs to be put into a specific marketing campaign, the user selects the apropriate dropdown and they are automatically added to the dynamic group which in turn adds them to the proper swiftpage campaign... Right. All is working on that end.

This is the problem: I also need an activity template to assign to each contact when they are added to the dynamic group. Is there a way to do this? I am getting to the point where I don't have the time to click on each imported contact and assign an activity template to them. Any thoughts or ways to do this with the activity series? This also will come in handy when they reach the end of the campaign and it alerts the user to switch them to another campaign with the use of the drop down field as mentioned above.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Dynamic Activities?

ADS Programming has a tool called Scripting for Act! that probably could do what you need.

You would need to create a script (he might have one already - or could create one) to create the Activity the way you want based upon the update and update value, but it should be able to auto create an activity based upon a data  change.

Thanks, I will look in to that. I am begginning to think that ACT! can pretty much do everything we want it to do. Just have to make it happen. Off the subject path a little bit. In the next year we are planning to spend a lot of money (but of course the least amount possible Smiley Happy ) to fully customize our CRM Software. Automation is our goal and ease of use for our LO's and Co Marketers. If you had a larger budget what would you all do? Stay with ACT! and hire a consultant and 3rd party to make it awesome or would you all move to a different software?!

I am really interested in your thoughts.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Matthew

Nickel Elite Contributor

Matthew -

In regards to automation, there is a product I both use, and have setup for users (usually a sales team).  It's called Sales Automation Manager (SAM), and can be found at http://www.crmaddons.com/p-36-sales-automation-manager.aspx

They should have renamed it, as it can do more than sales automation - it can basically automate any process.  I have set it up for marketing, but also use it for order processing, collections, etc.

Feel free to contact me if you want any more info...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com