Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does this happen: CurrentGroup changes on it's own?

Copper Contributor

Does this happen: CurrentGroup changes on it's own?

Hi All-

On my Group Details View, I'm doing some scripting on a "table" of fields (7x18 Field grid, about 120 fields in all). And sometimes when I'm writing to my current group, I get data from a different group transferred onto the group I'm working on.

Has anyone else out there seen that CurrentGroup can switch on you? No reproduceable steps yet, but possibly when two people are hitting Groups consistently at the same time.

Thanks,

Ben Leong

www.accentgold.com

Los Angeles, CA

Ben Leong
Certified ACT! Consultant
www.accentgold.com
Employee

Re: Does this happen: CurrentGroup changes on it's own?

I've never experienced this. If are able to sort out some steps to reproduce that would be very helpful.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Does this happen: CurrentGroup changes on it's own?

Ben,

I've seen the same thing happen with the current contact when I set up a variable to reference the current contact.

Dim currentContact as Contact = ActApp.ApplicationState.CurrentContact

Do something with currentContact and it doesn't update the "Current Contact".

I finally replaced all of my references in the app with "ActApp.ApplicationState.CurrentContact" and everything started working fine.  It's definitely a bug and the current Group probably has the same issue.

I'm guessing that somehow the reference I created gets detached from the current contact or there is a sort of pseudo contact that I'm updating.  It lets me save it, etc. but when I go to retrieve the changes they're not there.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!