Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does ACT need to be installed along with app?

Does ACT need to be installed along with app?

[ Edited ]
Hi Everybody, This is a ridiculous question, but I have hit a wall in my development. I have created an application that uses that ACT framework to login to an ACT database on a remote server. It gets a list of contacts and syncs them with the contacts in our in house ticketing system. The application works flawlessly on my development machine, but when I attempt to deploy it to our server, it is not able to log on to the remote database. Does the ACT application need to be installed on the server in order for my app to be able to access the framework properly? Right now, I have included the the ACT assemblies used in my project in a the same directory as my app. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Everett (Just a note - I am able to ping the ACT Server from my deployment server, and have tested a number of configurations including Full Trust ad No Firewall.)

Message Edited by everettcomstock on 02-27-2008 10:42 AM
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Does ACT need to be installed along with app?

Your app that is compiled against the framework will need to run on a machine where ACT! is installed. When you install ACT! the assemblies you run against are in the GAC.

Re: Does ACT need to be installed along with app?

Hi Mark, Thanks for the quick reply. My fears have been confirmed. I think I will be able to work around the problem by installing a small app on the server without ACT that exposes some web services that will interact with my app that I will put on our Act Server. Cheers, Everett