Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Discover an error in linking opportunity to history process

Copper Contributor

Discover an error in linking opportunity to history process

Hello ACT! developers,
when I was looking for a way to link an opportunity record to a history record, I discovered a small error in your code.
It is the method "HandleOK ()" of the class "Act.UI.GroupCompanyPicker.SelectGroupCompanyDialog", which has an error. In the range for the "opportunities" the method "Me.actFramework.Companies.GetMutableEntityFieldDescriptor" is used. It shall, however, the method in the "Opportunities" namespace.
I think it is a typical copy paste error ...Smiley Wink
As you know, every suppressed exception makes a .NET program more slowly ...

greeting
Robert Schellmann

Melville-Schellmann
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software
Employee

Re: Discover an error in linking opportunity to history process

Hello Robert,

I'm unclear on what the issue is. What version of the SDK are you using and can you provide some sample code to reproduce?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Hello Metthew,

it's not an issue, it's a bug in your code. You call the wrong method in the method "HandleOK ()" from the class "Act.UI.GroupCompanyPicker.SelectGroupCompanyDialog".

You can see the exception in the ACT! log file, that is thrown from this bug.

Fehler Meldung: MutableEntityManagerDB::ERROR - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Das angegebene Argument liegt außerhalb des gültigen Wertebereichs.
   bei Act.Framework.ManagerDBHelper.AppendEntityIDParams(Command command, Guid[] keys, String paramName)
   bei Act.Framework.Opportunities.UnsecuredSelectOpportunityManagerDB.get_DataKeysCommand()
   bei Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityManagerDB`1.GetDataKeys(SortCriteria[] sortCriteria)

(Sorry, it's a system with a german .NET Framework)

You can reproduce the error by following way:
- Start ACT!
- Goto to conntact detail view
- Select history tabpage
- Create new history item
- In the "Create History" dialog click on the button with the three points "..."
- The "GroupCompanyPicker" form opens
- Close the form with a click on the "OK" button (the "HandleOK" method is called)
- Close ACT! and start the LogViewer.exe

Greetings from Germany
Robert Schellmann

Melville-Schellmann
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just found a similar error in my LogViewer after one of our users had an issue with Opportunities.

He had created an Opportunity and was entering information and then all of a sudden the current Opportunity switched and when he went to go back the Opportunity he created did not exist. (**New Info - the opportunity did exist but when he went back to the opportunity all of the information he entered was missing.**)

I checked the log and this was the error I found:

MutableEntityManagerDB::ERROR - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. at 
Act.Framework.ManagerDBHelper.AppendEntityIDParams(Command command, Guid[] keys, String paramName) at Act.Framework.Opportunities.UnsecuredSelectOpportunityManagerDB.get_DataKeysCommand() at Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityManagerDB`1.GetDataKeys(SortCriteria[] sortCriteria)

I haven't seen this issue on other machines but other users don't really work on Opporunities very much.

He also had reported similar issues randomly on creating a contact but I didn't have a change to check the log after the issue happened.  When I do I will see if there is some similarity.

I have run the DB Repair and Re-index to see if that will help or not.

We are running Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 English (Canada) in a Shared Environment and the server is running the same version but ACT for Web.

Any idea why this happens or what I can do to fix it? 

Copper Contributor

Hi e_hoog,

the developers have to correct their code, that's all.

Greetings from Germany

Robert

Melville-Schellmann