Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Developer Basics

Copper Contributor

Developer Basics

Hello everyone,

I've just started to work on ACT! and looking for how to develop plugins I already read sdk and faq but I'm looking for a sample program such as how to create an act project in visual studio and plug it in ACT. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yasin

Platinum Elite Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Developer Basics

[ Edited ]

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply I already checked them I'm looking for complete program developed in visual studio not code samples. I'm confused about which references to give such as  in visual studio for a simple customized dashboard and how to plug in them to ACT. 

Edit:

I think I figured out a little bit I can get the references from ACT! folder but still a sample program would help for me to understand things quickly.

Thanks

Employee

Is this VS for Custom Dashboards useful to you?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Platinum Elite Contributor

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just created a free add-on that will refresh every x minutes or every x minutes that the computer is idle.You can download the installer with source code Auto Refresh Add-on Sample

In the source code there is how to attach to ACT! events and how to attach/remove a menu item in ACT!.

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much your replies they are all appreciated, I think I figured out my way and I'm developing some codes. Now my problem is maybe it's very simple but when I build my projects on visual studio 2010 express my plugins dont work on ACT. I'm simply copy pasting the codes around (such as plugin in webinar presentation) and in the result when I build my project in my release folder I have 2 files one is .dll and other one is .pdb. Am I missing something ?

Regards.

Employee

Have you placed you .dll into the Act/Act for Windows/Plugins folder?

If you do this and the plugin still isn't loading, take a look in %appdata%\ACT\ACT Data and find DependentDlls.xml, this populates with dependent assemblies and plugins that fail to load and Act won't attempt to load them, check and see if your plugin is listed there. If it is you can delete the file and it will rebuild and try to reload the assemblies next time you launch act.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Thank you mwood I figured it out somehow but I still get this problem especially when I develop the code completly on my own I was thinking is it because I develop my codes in visual studio 2010 ?

Regards.

Employee

What version of .Net is your plugin targeting and what processor? The first will be in the properties window for your project and the latter is on the top middle of the toolbar and should be set to Any CPU.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator