Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Desperately Seeking Sample Project For Learning

Astute Commentator

Desperately Seeking Sample Project For Learning

Hi:

I am just getting started with SDK 2009 and Visual C 2008 - an old time C programmer thrust into the world of Namespaces, Methods etc. I am so sick of not being able to access the Activity e-mail template I decided to write something myself.   

I usually learn best by tinkering with same examples and I would love if anyone could post (or send) a C# project that would should me how to open the Act 2009 (not premium) files from the start - i.e. actually open the database and extract a contact name or such. I should be good to go from there but need the basics. I have spent hours with the SDK info and it is great but I need the baby steps first.The last time I did this was with Act 2 I think. Too many senior years and brain cells ago.

Thank you

Larry (ou can e-mail to docb@naturalholistic.com if you do no want to post)

Copper Contributor

Re: Desperately Seeking Sample Project For Learning

On this forum to a search for "sample sdk" and there are some links to c# examples. The Policy one is a good one to work with.

I use vb so my plugin won't be of any use to you.

John

Astute Commentator

Thank you for the reply. I did look for samples but all seem to be the essential fragments for that discussion. If you are able to send something in VB - I have some experience in coding VB and would love to look at anything at this point to get started.

Larry

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Larry,

Have a look in the sdks for a folder called vb_app_simple01... there's also a c# version.  This is a sample to add a menu item to act and also retireve a contact name etc.  There is also a framework example which shows connecting to the database without the UI.  If you can't find them in the newer sdks take a look at the v8 and 9 ones, they;re definatly in there.  if you're still can't find them after that give me a shout.

Tom

Astute Commentator

Thank you!  That gave me a big leg up. I did not think to go back to earlier SDK's. THe reference material in 2008 seems more complete also.

Much appreciated.

Larry