Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete contacts from group

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Delete contacts from group

What is the best method to delete contacts from a group. I can add them using AddStaticContacts. That works great.

But how do I remove them?

I have tried getting the contactlist from the group, then trying to remove contacts from the contactlist. But I have not found a way to do that.

Any help on how to remove contacts from a group or from a contactlist would be very helpfull.

My next thought is that I would start a new contact list and then add the contacts to it from the group for all contacts except the ones I want to delete. Just seems like a lot of work for something so simple.

Bob Lozinak
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Software Developer

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author boblozinak
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Delete contacts from group

You are in fact, correct.  You need to make a new ContactList object and exclude the people you want to remove to set the contacts which are "hardlinked" to the group, as previously stated this does not change which contacts are "softlinked" because of Dynamic Group Criteria.

-Nick

Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Depending on your application, you might also consider one issue... any function like this wouldn't work for Contacts added via Group Membership Rules
Solution
Accepted by topic author boblozinak
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

You are in fact, correct.  You need to make a new ContactList object and exclude the people you want to remove to set the contacts which are "hardlinked" to the group, as previously stated this does not change which contacts are "softlinked" because of Dynamic Group Criteria.

-Nick

Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.