Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Date field

Date field

Hi,

I've got the SA password utility from Sage recently, and have noticed something about the date field which i would like to find out more about.

I have two custom date fields in ACT. One for "Forms Received On" and one for Letter_Date.

What i've noticed is that the forms_recieved_on column does not record the time element of the field so dates are stored as 2008/11/19 00:00:00 but date and times are stored for the Letter_date column (2008/11/19 10:15:40).

Can someone tell me where the setting for this is that determins whether to record time or not for custom date fields. It's quite important for me, becuase i have a job that selects data based on the date time now.

Thanks

Re: Date field

i've now had an opportunity to review the settings for both fields and both are identical in settings. So i can't work out why one stores time information and the other doesn't.

Can anyone help on that matter. 

Thanks

Employee

Where did you review the fields? in the database directly or in ACT! "Defined Fields" dialog?
Tim Faust
ACT! R&D

i have checked both the defined fields as well as database.

The only difference i can see in the database directly  is that there is a column called ordinal which has different values for both. One has 43 and one has 63. 

Employee

So how are you populating the field with data? Someone typing it into ACT!, a plugin, or ?
Tim Faust
ACT! R&D

both date fields get populated using ACT and a calendar popup that is usual for date columns. Nothing fancy no plugins

Just standard ACT function.

Employee

After you first enter them in ACT! does one have a time displayed and one not? The only thing I can think of is that one is defined as a Field Type of Date/Time in ACT!  and one is a Date. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with the underlying datatype in SQL Server. Sorry but that is all I can think of.
Tim Faust
ACT! R&D

this is what i first thought.

But both are set to Date properties.

I am stumped on this