Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database model

Tuned Listener

Database model

What is the normal database model of ACT2009 (v11.0.0.367)? Which tables are there and how are the connections? What are the primary keys? And so on.....
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Database model

Margriet, could you elaborate on specifically what you're looking for?  Are you trying to accomplish something via the SDK, or ???

We currently do not publish a Data Model for the ACT! database as direct database access, via methods other than our ActPassword and ActReader Utilities and EULAs, is not supported.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Tuned Listener

Hey Bill,

I need to create a "Technical design" in which I need to included an databasemodel. With a databasemodel I mean a diagram how the database is build, which keys there are and how the connection between the tables in the database are made.

I hope I made it more clear for you. 

Copper Super Contributor

No, we do not publish a pictoral diagram (Data Model) of the ACT! database.  With the ActReader and ActPassword Utilities, however, we do include a Data Dictionary which lists all of the tables and columns.  Many/most of the tables and columns are commented as to their usage, etc.

How are you connecting to the SQL Server instance?  What authentication mode, account, etc.?

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software