Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database creator contact is selected even i untag all contacts in ACT 2008...

Database creator contact is selected even i untag all contacts in ACT 2008...

[ Edited ]

In ACT 2008, if i untag all contacts in Contact List View, ACT application shows all contact un selected but when i programmatically get contacts from the current view after untagging all contacts i am get database creator contact as default. Can any one help me resolving this issue that after untagging all contact i should not get any contact from the current view.

In ACT 2009 this is not happening.

Regards,

Nouman Ashraf

Technosoft Solutions (pvt) ltd.

Message Edited by noumanashraf on 01-20-2009 07:31 AM

Re: Database creator contact is selected even i untag all contacts in ACT 2008...

I'm a little confused on the issue you're experiencing.  Within the Contact List view, you 'Untag All' and it brings you to the My Record?  Are you expecting this to omit the selected contacts from current lookup?

Re: Database creator contact is selected even i untag all contacts in ACT 2008...

Yes,... you understand my problem to some extend... When i use "Untag All" option in Contact List View, i am getting My record as default which should not be like that.... It should return me null list or something else to identiify me that there is no contact selected in Contact List view.

The code i am using to get Sected contacts from ACT application is:

Act.UI.IProvideSelectedContacts cLSource = (Act.UI.IProvideSelectedContacts)pACTApplication.CurrentView; if (cLSource != null)

{

ContactList contactList = cLSource.GetSelectedContacts();//Get currently selected Contacts.

}

//where pACTApplication is the ActApplication object which i got in IPlugin.OnLoad(...)...

Regards,

Nouman Ashraf

Technosoft Solutions (Pvt.) Ltd.

Bronze Super Contributor

Nouman,

I have not tried this but what if you use/enum the TaggedItem collection of the current contact list?

ACTAPP.ApplicationState.CurrentContactList.TaggedItems

Something like...

For Each Contact As Act.Framework.Contacts.Contact In ContactListPlus.ACTAPP.ApplicationState.CurrentContactList.TaggedItems

'

Next

-- jim durkin