Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dashboard Controls and Property Persistance

Copper Contributor

Dashboard Controls and Property Persistance

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on a custom Dashboard control using the Dashboard samples listed on the forums, the control works as intended as far as data display is concerned the problem however is that the instances of the control on any Dashboard layout do not seem to persist across sessions (e.g. if I restart ACT and go to the Dashboard screen then I will need to setup each individual dashboard to render the data that I want).

The Dashboard control has a string property called CurrentTemplate which I intend to use to load the template associated with a given Dashboard control instance,I have noticed that this property is saved as an XML element within the .DSH file corresponding to the Dashboard layout BUT the value of the property Is not.

So is there a way to save the property(s) values for each dashboard control instance and load them up when the control is initialized?

TIA

Firas Hermez
Lead Developer
Xact Software Solutions ltd
www.twitter.com/xactsoftware
crminformer.blogspot.com
www.freeactaddons.com
Employee

Re: Dashboard Controls and Property Persistance

Are you wanting to persist the chosen template and the property values for the controls, or are you wanting the filtered data and filter selections to maintain across sessions? For the former, you should be able to modify the XML with the desired property values, for the latter I'm not aware of a way to accomplish this.
Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Re: Dashboard Controls and Property Persistence

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,It is the former, All I want is to persist the Template's name across sessions, If there is no way for ACT to do that when closing the dashboard or logging off then I guess I will have to code the logic for it myself, If that is the case then my next question would be how Do I know the order by which I can tell which instance is which?

Firas Hermez
Lead Developer
Xact Software Solutions ltd
www.twitter.com/xactsoftware
crminformer.blogspot.com
www.freeactaddons.com