Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dashboard Closed Sales to Date

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Dashboard Closed Sales to Date

I like the Closed Sales to Date Dashboard component with the Gauge Chart; however, I want to programmatically check the total Closed Sales to Date for the current month and, if it exceeds the Target, I want to automatically adjust the Gauge's breakpoints in thecorresponding  .dsh file, as well as the Target.  I would prefer to do this with the simplest, cleanest code possible.

Can this be done without creating a Custom Dashboard Component, or can I at least create a Custom Dashboard Component that is exactly like that of the Closed Sales to Date Dashboard component, plus my code?

I'd really appreciate it.

bconner26

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bconner26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: Dashboard Closed Sales to Date

I don't see why this couldn't be accomplished.

Albeit there's nothing in our SDK to make the changes to the .dsh file, however since it's XML there's no need, .Net provides the classes to modify an XML document. When and how you check the Closed Sales I think would be the determining factor in whether or not this would require a custom dashboard component. If it's incremental, or based on field changes, or the view changing to the dashboard, I don't think you'll need one.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author bconner26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

I don't see why this couldn't be accomplished.

Albeit there's nothing in our SDK to make the changes to the .dsh file, however since it's XML there's no need, .Net provides the classes to modify an XML document. When and how you check the Closed Sales I think would be the determining factor in whether or not this would require a custom dashboard component. If it's incremental, or based on field changes, or the view changing to the dashboard, I don't think you'll need one.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Okay, I got the plugin working.  Thanks for the help.