Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom tabs in Sage ACT 2012

Custom tabs in Sage ACT 2012

Hello all,

I have couple of custom tabs for ACT 2012 database. The dll's get generated create just fine but tabs don't appear when ACT is loaded. There are no errors. I have verified they are in plugins folder. Has anyone seen issue like this? Or any pointers of what issue could be.

Here is the version info of ACT - Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4

Thanks,

-G

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Custom tabs in Sage ACT 2012

Have you tries using the add tab method?

ACTAPP.UILayoutDesignerManager.AddTabToCurrentLayout

-- Jim Durkin

That's what I have in my code and doesn't work.

-G
Employee

Hello G,

Is the plugin failing to load? You can verify this by seeing if the name of the assembly is being added to %appdata%/Act/Act Data/DependentDlls.xml. 

With the method that Jim mentions above I was able to add a tab in versions 14 and 15. What version assemblies is your application referencing?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

I do see entry for custom assembly in DependentDlls.xml.

I have tried creating custom assembly with all .net framework versions i.e 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0. And during those I did make sure Act framework dll's are compatible i.e. 2.0 was using 11.x.x.x version of Act framework and so on. Also, I did create solutions from scratch just to rule out caching doubts.

Thanks,
-Gaurav
Employee

If it's being added to DependentDlls.xml it is failing to load it for some reason. Delete the file and restart Act, it'll recreate itself.

If you're creating a plugin the version of .Net you're building against isn't important like it would be if you were developing a framework application. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator