Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Tables

Tuned Listener

Custom Tables

I would like to extend "Products" in ACT (10.3) by SDK interfaces - e.g. add some extra information. It is possible to add some extra fields to Company, Contact, etc and also I read about cutom entities  - but also it can be connected with ParentEntity - Contacts, Companies, Groups, but not Products.

I need advice how I should do this. Generally - is it possible to add some extra information to data base? Any extra tables which are not connected directly with Contacts, Companies, Groups?

Best regards

bernardo

Copper Contributor

Re: Custom Tables

Bernardo,

ACT! Custom Entities can be related to one or more of the following: Contacts, Companies, Groups.  Tthey canNOT be related to Opportunities, Activities, History, Notes, Products or any other entity or sub-entity within ACT!.  And, they must be related, at the time of creation, with all the entities that you want them related to - you canNOT go back later and add or remove a relationship.

Perhaps Sage will add some of these abilities in later releases(s), but as of ACT!2009/v11, these restrictions are the reality of Custom Entities.

Hope that helps,

Geoff

Geoff Blood ("The ACT! Customizer" )
The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Serving the ACC community since 1994
Tuned Listener

Re: Custom Tables

Geoff

thank you very much.