Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Sub-Entity List View

Custom Sub-Entity List View

Hello,

I have a sub-entity attached to the Contacts entity. Is there a way to make a list view to see ALL of these custom sub-entities, regardless of Contact?

Thanks,

Mike

Employee

Re: Custom Sub-Entity List View

There's not a way that i'm aware of to populate any of the existing list views with data other than what their designed for. Which leaves us with a couple of choices, we could either create a new tab and put some type of grid view on it, or we could do the same thing except in our own form and use LoadSDIView(Form form) to load our form as if it were a new view.

What type of, if any filters are applied to the data set in this scenario would be up to you.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Yes, I have a custom control on the Contacts Tab to show that Individual Contact's "Tickets". Now I would like to make a new screen to show all Tickets for All contacts.

Is this querryable, and can I make a new list view/nav bar tab?

Thanks,

Mike

In short, I would like to know if it is possible to make a global list view that sees all customer "Tickets".

Tickets are a child item under a Contact. They have their own tab right now, but I want to make as top-level view to see all Customer Tickets.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mike

Employee

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to create a list view that displays all the data in your Tickets table.

To create you're own "view" the LoadSDIView is probably you're best bet.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

What type of object does LoadSDIForm() take? Can I pass in a .NET Control, or WinForm?

The CHM help file that comes with the 2011 SDK is not readable. I've tried on 2 computers now. If someone could cut and paste that help topic (LoadSDForm()) for me, or post a small sample of how it is used, I would be very thankful.

Thanks!

Employee

The method can be found in the Act.UI namespace and it accepts a Windows form as it's only parameter.

public void LoadSDIView( 
   Form viewForm
)

Also regarding opening chm files, it's probably worth googling the problem with your O/S included, I'm aware of a MS KB regarding a security update to XP and Server 2003 that prevented some users from opening help documents.

public void LoadSDIView( 
   Form viewForm
)
Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Thank you Matthew.

One other question: When I load my custom SubEntities for a Contact, I use the currentContact to fill the datagridview:

CustomEntityList

To load ALL Tickets into a DataGridView, what method is best to read the whole table for all contacts?

Thanks,

Mike

<Ticket> tickets = manager.GetCustomSubEntities(currentContact, new SortCriteria[] {new SortCriteria(manager.GetCustomEntityFieldDescriptor("TICKET_OPENED_DATE", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias),ListSortDirection.Ascending)});

Employee

GetCustomSubEntities has an overload that accepts a RecordType (such as Contact) instead of a particular contact.

public CustomEntityDescriptor[] GetCustomSubEntities( 
   RecordType recordType
)

This does not however have additional parameters for sorting and filtering, but I believe those can be provided after the fact or, depending on the type of DataGrid you use, it may be possible to specify that it sorts by default on a particular colum.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator