Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Creating Triggers From SDK

Nickel Contributor

Re: Creating Triggers From SDK

Adding event handlers in VB is quite different than in C# (Even though I'm a VB guy, I think C# has more flexibility with this). Anyways, what you need to do in VB.NET is actually create a subroutine that would handle the event (just like a button click event, just without the "Handles Button1.Click" at the end). This is a sample of what I've done in a project that I needed to handle the RowChanged event on a datatable that I created.

Private Sub frmMain_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Try
            'Table Setup - Removed for clarity

AddHandler dtPartReplace.RowChanged, AddressOf dtPartReplace_RowChanged

'Other Code removed for clarity

Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.Message & Environment.NewLine & Environment.NewLine & ex.StackTrace, "Error Loading Data", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
        End Try
    End Sub

Private Sub dtPartReplace_RowChanged(ByVal sender As Object, e As DataRowChangeEventArgs)
        ValidateReplacementDataUpdateUI()
    End Sub

In your case, you'll need to make a subroutine that has the same parameters as the FieldChanged event, then you use the AddHandler line like you did, but using your subroutine name after the "AddressOf" portion. If you need to remove the handler, it's basically the same syntax, but with "RemoveHandler" instead of "AddHandler". I hope this helps.

Copper Contributor

You have lost me knif, I'm a moderate VB programmer but this seems quite complicated for me this is code dump. Could you please tell me how to change code accordingly based on your suggestion.

Friend Sub OnLoad(ByVal App As ActApplication) Implements IPlugin.OnLoad

Me.HostApplication = App
Me.HostFramework = App.ActFramework

'-----------------------------------------------------------
' Add the HostApplication Logon and LogOff Events
'-----------------------------------------------------------
AddHandler HostApplication.AfterLogon, AddressOf HostApplicationAfterLogon
AddHandler HostApplication.BeforeLogoff, AddressOf HostApplicationBeforeLogoff

End Sub 'OnLoad

Public Sub OnUnLoad() Implements IPlugin.OnUnLoad
' Not used in the examples
End Sub 'OnUnLoad

Private Sub HostApplicationAfterLogon(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

AddHandler HostApplication.ApplicationState.CurrentCompany.Fields.FieldChangedHandler, AddressOf mutentfield(Field_Changed)

End Sub

Private Sub HostApplicationBeforeLogoff(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

End Sub

Public Sub Field_Changed()

End Sub

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

I can't verify your Logon Handlers, as what I have doesn't show it (I never needed the application for what I did with ACT), but they look like they would be correct (they are setup properly at least).

For field change event, what you are doing is actually adding a handler to a specific event of a specific object. This is like adding a button click event through the form design, it's just that you are handling all of that in code. 

I missed something the first time I looked at your code, and the first portion of your AddHandler isn't correct. You are pointing to the handler, but you should be referencing the event itself that you want to handle.

You would need do to something like this:

Public Sub Field_Changed(byval fieldName as string) 'Do what you need to do here if a particular field changes for this collection End Sub Friend Sub OnLoad(byval App as ActApplication) Implements IPlugin.OnLoad 'Get your field collection of type MutableEntity.FieldCollection Dim fc as MutableEntity.FieldCollection=HostApplication.ApplicationState.CurrentCompany.Fields AddHandler fc.FieldChanged, AddressOf Field_Changed End Sub

I'm assuming that you are getting the proper field collection object in your code. I'm largely just trying to show the structure as it would more-so apply to you. I don't guarantee that this is 100% correct. You'll need to tweak as needed.

Copper Contributor

Thanks all for your help knif much appriciated