Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CreateCompanyFromContact(Contact c)

Bronze Elite Contributor

CreateCompanyFromContact(Contact c)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a bug or this is "working as designed" with the above method.

Here is my call:

actApp.ActFramework.Companies.CreateCompanyFromContact(c).Update();

Now the method works and creates the Company, however it does not associate the Contact with the Company. I had thought that the method would work similar to how it works in the Application.

I suppose I could simply use the Companies.UpdateLinkedContacts(comp, c) if that is how the Create method has been 

***UPDATE***

Curisor and curisor! Looks like I have to set the link first before using the UpdateLinkedContacts (I suppose it makes sense), so now its c.SetCompanyLink(comp); c.Update; Companies.UpdateLinkedContacts(comp,c);

TIA

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Employee

Re: CreateCompanyFromContact(Contact c)

This is the intended behavior for this method, as you're already aware there is a another method for linking a contact with their company, I believe the idea is to not assume that the person creating the company also wants to have them linked.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: CreateCompanyFromContact(Contact c)

Hi Matthew,

Cheers for clearing that up. Bummer I thought that I could get away with a one liner bit of code here! Looks like maybe I'll actually have to work a little! Eeek!

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog