Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Note Web Service and Sidebar Gadget sample posted.

Employee

Create Note Web Service and Sidebar Gadget sample posted.

Hi!   My name is Eric Burley.  I currently manage the Act! For Windows development team.  In the past I've worked as a developer on both the web and windows teams, and I led the web development team for Act! Professional for Web 10.0.  Last year around this time I helped create some content for Insights, and I'm finally getting around to posting that content. 

When Vista first came out one of the cool things to play with was sidebar gadgets.  Vista ships with a primitive contact book sidebar gadget, and that inspired the idea of exposing something similar for Act!.  Since  Atlas (now ASP.NET ajax)  had just come out we were also playing around with the sort of experiences that enables for a web application. 

There are some pre-requisites to getting this sample up an running, please see the readme PDF for instructions.  I'll be watching this thread for any frustrations/issues/comments you might have.

here's the link:  http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ADN_Downloads&thread.id=12

Thanks,

Eric

Copper Contributor

Re: Create Note Web Service and Sidebar Gadget sample posted.

Thanks Eric!

The Create-Note service/app are very cool! I especially like the slick auto-complete for suggested contacts on the QuickNote form. This example shows how powerful the SDK can be to extend not only ACT! data but functionality beyond the installed Windows client.  :-)

Some feedback on the documentation... it seems like you must have Visual Studio 2005 SP1. Also, on the PDF I would change "Asp.net Ajax" to "Asp.net Ajax Extensions 1.0".

Thanks again!
jason

Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
Employee

Re: Create Note Web Service and Sidebar Gadget sample posted.

Thanks for the input Jason.  I've updated the pdf to call that stuff out.