Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version=8.2.82.0

Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version=8.2.82.0

I have a plugin that was developed using the ACT 2006 (Version 8).  It creates a new tab in the ACT interface that displays some documents pulled from another application.  We now use ACT 2011 (Version 13).  The new tab is created on most workstations that the plugin is installed on, but on a few I get an error seen below.  

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version=8.2.82.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Act.Framework, Version=8.2.82.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa'

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Russ

Nickel Contributor

Re: Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework, Version=8.2.82.0

Have you tried recompiling the plugin using the references for Act 2011? It looks like the plugin is still looking for the version 8 dll.

Is it possible that the machines that work were upgraded from version 8 to version 13, and the machines that have the issue just had version 13 installed?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Try copying the Act.Framework.dll from the installation media onto the install location of Act on each of the machines.

HTH

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

I will try that and let you know how it goes.  Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Copper Elite Contributor

Run "MachineConfigUpdater.exe" from your Act program files directory, this will resolve issues related to resolving older assemblies.

Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.